Bridgerton First Look: See Penelope and Colin Exchange Loving Looks in Season 3


During Netflix’s recent fan event, Tudum, the popular streaming service provided a sneak peek into the upcoming third season of Bridgerton. By unveiling the first set of images from the new season, Netflix offered clues about the developing relationship between Luke Newton’s character, Colin Bridgerton, and Nicola Coughlan’s character, Penelope Featherington.

Sneak Peeks

In one of the newly revealed pictures, Colin’s character can be seen smirking at a delighted Penelope. In another photo, the couple is portrayed engrossed in a deep gaze into each other’s eyes. Regarding the last installment of Season 2, the story concluded with Eloise Bridgerton, who happens to be Penelope’s closest friend, discovering a truth that immensely impacted their relationship. The filming for Season 3 commenced in July and brought in three new cast members – James Phoon as Harry Dankworth, Sam Phillips as Lord Debling, and Daniel Francis as Marcus Anderson.

Colorful Foreshadowing

Sophie Canale, the costume designer for Bridgerton, revealed that Penelope’s outfit in Season 2 subtly hinted at a growing romance. Canale mentioned in a magazine interview in May 2022 that a change in Penelope’s attire colors in Season 2, Episode 4 was significant. Instead of her usual yellow gown, Penelope was seen wearing a softer green dress. Canale confirmed a fan theory that this wardrobe swap symbolized the merging of the Bridgerton family’s blue color and Penelope’s family’s yellow color, suggesting a connection between the two households.

Character Sketches

The series, which is inspired by author Julia Quinn’s series of books, focuses on the romantic journey of a different Bridgerton sibling each season. The upcoming third season will be based on the book titled Romancing Mr. Bridgerton, which is the fourth book in the series. Fans of this particular couple are anxiously anticipating the unveiling of their story, and have displayed enthusiasm upon the release of initial sneak peeks.

When it comes to accessories, there is a growing trend of embracing a more-is-more mindset. People are now stacking and layering rings and necklaces as a fashionable style choice. However, it is crucial to exercise caution and consider careful curation, especially when it comes to ear stacks. Achieving the perfect balance, coordination, and selection of earrings for each ear can be a challenging endeavor, even for the most fashion-savvy individuals. Here are some valuable insights from respected jewelry designers on how to master the art of creating stunning and harmonious layered ear stacks.


According to Emily Ko, who works at Sit & Wonder, the positioning of ear piercings depends on the shape of the ear and the available space in that area. For individuals with larger ear lobes, Emily recommends getting constellation-style piercings to effectively utilize more space. On the other hand, for individuals with smaller lobes, it is advisable to position the piercings higher up the ear to avoid overcrowding the lobes.

The 40/60 Rule

However, if you are uncertain about how to achieve a harmonious balance, there is a straightforward guideline known as the 40/60 rule, as explained by Emily. According to this rule, approximately 40% of your piercings should be adorned with more striking or attention-grabbing earrings, while the remaining 60% should be complemented with subtle and delicate pieces. This approach ensures a tidy, well-balanced, and practical result.

Mix n Match Styling

According to Chi Mai, the creator of S-kin Studio, the key to creating a unique and eye-catching ear stack is to mix different textures and styles. The general guideline is to layer jewelry with different textures and styles in order to make them stand out and give the overall stack more impact. Chi recommends wearing a pave hoop alongside a plain hoop, pairing a minimal hoop with a chained stud, or adding a huggie to a dangly stud.

The Cascading Rule

In times of difficulty, the Cascading rule serves as a helpful solution. As explained by Chi, it involves arranging earpieces in a stylish manner. The larger dangly pieces are positioned at the front, resembling a first, second, and so on. Meanwhile, the smaller studs or huggie pieces are stacked higher up the ear, corresponding to the parts of thirds, conch, helix, and so forth. This balanced placement of pieces creates a naturally elongated appearance for your ear stack.

Like it? Share with your friends!

Mute Maven

Choose A Format
Formatted Text with Embeds and Visuals
The Classic Internet Listicles
The Classic Internet Countdowns
Open List
Submit your own item and vote up for the best submission
Ranked List
Upvote or downvote to decide the best list item